Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hand Foot and Mouth...

Alex and I were talking the other day and he said "Is Channing Tatum who you think about at night when I don't take out the trash?" I sheepishly said "Yes" and he laughed. Really... can you blame me!?




Okay, on to the real topic of this blog. Hand, Foot, and Mouth has invaded our family. Oddly enough, we didn't know that's what it was until Alex got it. He's the only one that got the full blown effect. It all started one day a few days ago when I let Liam play at the BX's food court play area. He found a stuffed animal that another child had left behind and, of course, he being my child and all, chewed on it... -_- It was immediatly taken away. Well, later that day, after nap time, my poor baby woke up very clingy and with fever. He even had a few Febrile Seizures that scared the ever living out of me! Thankfully those are harmless. Anyway, Liam had a fever, stuffy nose, sore throat I assume, lost his voice *which was great because he couldn't scream when we told him no lol!*, a cough, and then a runny nose. He was all around miserable!


A few days later I got sick. It only lasted 24 hours. That's about all a mom can take if she must be sick. I had a fever, body aches, and headache. I hadn't had a fever that high in ages! Motrin definitely made me feel better. Well, that and a shake from Burger King... :D I had made the boys an appointment that day here at the base clinic. I'm sure I looked pretty miserable and I can almost gaurentee I received a few "I pity you." looks from a few moms that walked by us in the waiting area. I had Liam attached to my lap, facing me, wanting to be held while I had Wesley eating a bottle of milk in his stroller. My hands were full... and I looked a hot mess! My hair had been up for two days, I had stretchy pants on, whatever shirt I could throw on, and flip flops. TRUE STORY!


Then my Wesley started sneezing and coughing a lot. He even had/sort of still has a stuffy nose. My poor sweet baby. No fever, though! I breastfed that baby like crazy! He needed all the antibodies I could muster up.


THEN... Alex got it. Only this time, it hit him hard. He got the worst of it. First he had a sort throat, headache, body aches, chills, and all around blahness. Oh and fever of 102. Then he wakes me up yesterday before leaving for work and asks if he can take the car because he needs to go to the doc because he has blisters on his hands. I was still halfway asleep and I think I muttered the words "Whatever, have a good day." His words couldn't get passed all the sheep I was counting, I guess. Then about 10 a.m. he texts me and says "Doc says it's hand foot and mouth but it isn't contagious anymore. And apparently that's what you guys had to, it just didn't show up as full blown hand foot and mouth. Poor Alex has blisters all over his hands, feet, and a couple on his face. He's miserable and in tons of pain. I wish I could do more for him.


Anyway, I'm gonna go sanitize stuff... ha!

1 comment: